Senior Process Development Technologist
JDM Food Group is one of the UK's most flexible and innovative food companies. We were established in 2000 and initially focused on supplying garlic, smoked garlic, green (fresh) garlic and organic garlic. From there, we moved into the import and supply of ginger and today as well as supplying over 250 food manufacturing sites we are one of the leading suppliers of garlic, ginger, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
We work with a diverse customer base, spanning small independent retailers through to national and multi-national supermarket chains; food manufacturers and food service companies; offering a wide range of products from roasted vegetable mixes to sauces, dips, dressings, mayonnaises and marinades.
- Reporting to our Technical Director, you will ensure the smooth transition of product approval concepts to launch, ensuring the technical and quality standards are achieved and maximising profitability.
- Challenge current factory processes, and look for improvements, efficiencies and value engineering.
- Promote a culture within the Process Development team of continuous improvement.
- Manage the Process development team
- Working closely with the new product development, technical, operations, engineering and commercial departments to develop new and improved products, ensuring up-to-date awareness of customer briefs.
- Generate and maintain accurate and timely documentation concerning the NPD critical paths and development process, and communicate this across the business as needed.
- Ensuring cost effective delivery of product trials.
- Become fully knowledgeable of the factory operations, and pass this knowledge on to members of the Process and New Product Development teams.
- Working closely with the procurement, NPD and technical teams to rationalise raw materials used on site.
- Ensuring all post-trial tasks are completed in order to confirm relevant product information e.g. organoleptic assessment, freeze suitability, provision of product quality standards & making available process documentation for launch & for the technical department to complete product specification.
- Ensure all product information received from the NPD team is verified as correct, and revert back to NPD with any issues identified.
- Deliver compliance with all relevant food safety standards, H&S legislation, food hygiene and environmental legislation in the work place.Along with the other members of the Process development team, provide a central point of information for factory enquiries on new product trials and or launches
- Run the weekly trial meeting and attend the daily operations meeting. Compile and review trial and launch figures and report them to the business in the Operations & Technical Exec meeting.
- Manage the members of the process development team and ensure their continuous personnel development.
- Allocating members of the Process development team to oversee and coordinate factory trials and launches, including creating production recipes in SAP & collating trial information, assisting the team when required.
- To be willing to travel on company business in order to present products, recipes and/or ideas to customers and to attend training as required.
- To be in a position to have the right information at all times in order to support your line manager.
- Be a member of the HACCP team.
- Ensure that products meet the desired customer criteria through appropriate testing.
- Be robust in a fast moving business.
- Be fully literate and numerate, sufficient to carry-out role.
- Be conversant with MS Office programmes such as Word, Excel, NutriCalc, SAP.
- Be able to work without supervision.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Be able to manage and mentor staff effectively as individuals and as a team.
- Clear, concise and effective communication in all forms with external customers, suppliers and work colleagues.
- To have a polite and friendly telephone manner.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- To work in an open and honest and ethical manner at all times.
- To have a flexible approach to the role which can be demanding in terms of deadlines and hours worked.
- To have a “can do” attitude at all times and to offer up solutions to problems as they arise.
- Valid full driving license.
- The ability to enjoy the role.
If you wish to apply for this position, please collect an application form from the our Reception on Monument Road, Bicker, PE20 3DJ and complete for the attention of Jenny Roe. Alternatively, you can email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org