Technical Administration Assistant
About The Company
JDM Food Group is one of the UK's most flexible and innovative food companies. We were established in 2000 and initially focused on supplying garlic, smoked garlic, green (fresh) garlic and organic garlic. From there, we moved into the import and supply of ginger and today as well as supplying over 250 food manufacturing sites we are one of the leading suppliers of garlic, ginger, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
We work with a diverse customer base, spanning small independent retailers through to national and multi-national supermarket chains; food manufacturers and food service companies; offering a wide range of products from roasted vegetable mixes to sauces, dips, dressings, mayonnaises and marinades.
About the Role
Due to company growth we are looking for a full time Technical Administration Assistant to assist with the management of all administrative aspects for the Technical Department, ensure smooth and effective running of the department and provide support for the Technical Director and team.
The role will include assisting with the maintenance of the Company QMS system, maintenance of the supplier approval database and supplier risk assessments. The recording of all customer complaints and filing of all production paperwork on a daily basis.
The role will also include assisting with providing technical information to the customer base including sending certificates of conformance and assisting with all other day to day administrative functions as required.
Personal Attributes & Skills
- Be fully literate and numerate, sufficient to write reports, procedures etc.
- Be conversant with MSOffice programmes such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to work without supervision.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Clear, concise and effective communication in all forms with external customers, suppliers and work colleagues.
- To have a polite and friendly telephone manner.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- To work in an open and honest manner at all times.
- Well presented, courteous projecting a positive image of JDM Food Group at all times.
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday a year
- Company Health scheme
- JDM Rewards scheme
If you wish to apply for this position, please collect an application form from the our Reception or send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com